For those of you who use the Enterprise PDM add-in for SolidWorks, you know that the little preview on the Enterprise Task Pane is small and hard to see. So while looking around in the Knowledge Base the other day, I ran across how to remove the preview and leave more room for the other information you want to see in that area.
All you need to do is make a quick change to the Windows Registry.
IMPORTANT: Only make changes to the Windows Registry at your own risk. Create a backup before making any changes.
- Close SolidWorks
- Click on the Windows Start icon
- Type regedit in the Search box and select it from the list.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\ConisioCAD\SolidWorks
- Right click on SolidWorks > New > DWORD
- Name the new entry BitmapPreview
- Right click and select Modify
- Set the value to 0 (zero)
- Reopen a file from the vault in SolidWorks and check the Task Pane.
You can resize to expand the horizontal column and you will have more room to view the properties.
Keep checking – I plan on adding more quick tips for EPDM.
Trackback from your site.