It’s that time of year again. Many of us are in the process of migrating to the latest release of SolidWorks. Along with that comes the usual questions. Today we will answer one of those for you, updating your license server.
- The previous version of the SolidWorks SolidNetwork License (SNL) Manager will need to be uninstalled before installing the new version.
- First, transfer the activation for the program by launching the SolidNetwork License Manager on the server, choosing the Server Administration tab, clicking the Modify button, and transfer license.
- Next, uninstall though the Windows Control Panel, Add or remove programs for Windows XP, or Programs and Features for Windows Vista and 7
NOTE: As of SolidWorks 2010, the SolidWorks SolidNetwork License Manager is activation based and no longer requires a dongle plugged into the server machine. If you are currently using a version that required a dongle, remove it and mail it back to Symmetry Solutions, 8755 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
- Now you will need to install the new version of the license manager from the DVD or a download you have for the new SolidWorks version
- For the installation type, Select the Server Products radio button then check the option to Install SolidNetwork License Manager on this computer
- Follow the prompts in the installation manager to complete the installation
- When the install is done, you’ll need to activate the product. This will generate the license file used to determine what licenses you have available. Launching the SolidWorks SolidNetwork License Manager software from the Windows Start menu should automatically bring up the activation Wizard
- If you need to access the activation options at anytime to transfer the license or activate/reactivate the software, go to the server administration tab and select Modify…
- On the first window, take note of the computer name and port number. If you are updating the SNL Manager on the same server computer, this information will not change, but if you are installing on a new or different server, this information will be needed for the client install.
- At this time, you can point to an option file if you have created one.
- Select the Next to bring up the next dialog asking how you would like to activate: Automatically over the internet or Manually via email.
- You can do it in either way but it is recommended to do it automatically if you have internet connection. The recommended way will be quicker and only take a few seconds while the manual way will take a few minutes to complete.
- After completing the activation, a dialog will appear letting you know it was successful and will show what licenses you have available
- When you receive the Activation Succeeded you now have an activated SNL and clients can now access licenses for SW 2012 and previous versions.
Contact Symmetry Solutions Technical Support with questions
at (800) 975-0740 option 4 or email email@example.com
Trackback from your site.